Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The joy of textile design...

I can't express enough,my love for this wonderful niche of design/craft...whatever you like to call it.
As strange as it may sound...I find a sense of grounding and purpose in textiles.To me its beyond just a piece of cloth or superficial decoration...Fabrics tell a story and in someway or the other woven/knitted/printed into it,is a sense of great depth and a fragment (or more) of  heart n soul of the one that created it...

So...that said , here's a snapshot of one of the packages I sent off to one of my swap partners here is melboure :) I hope she loves it! (coz liking it just isin't enough...)
I want to create a separate board for each of the package sent...so stay tuned! And big thanks to Leslie for opening up this possiblity for us to design.make and share! Its been a great experience!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for the hand printed fabric... I love it! Perfect colour... I can't wait to find the perfect project to use it for... but it will have to wait until after Christmas... Hope you received your parcel...Vanessa

    ReplyDelete