Sunday, October 30, 2011

In the spirit of handprinting # 2

Got my act together last night and did some lino cutting in preparation for THE SWAP!
I did a very simple organic "polka" dot shape (surprise!surprise!) to begin with...I'm hoping I can layer different colours in the one print using this motif...lets see...
However, I then got more ambitious and designed a folk inspired large scale motif which I will attempt to cut out tonight...Pics will be up tomorrow :)
In the meatime, let me know what you think ... Any ideas? Tips? I've used these methods to print onto paper but never directly onto fabric, so it should be a intersting to see how that progresses.

First though, I need to get some fabric paints...Any suggestions where to look?

TIP : It helps to microwave your lino sheet before cutting into it, this tends to soften it up a bit and makes the carving process a whole lot easier!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment